Marking its tenth year, the Source Water Collaborative (SWC) is pleased to announce the launch of the Learning Exchange—an information sharing platform for people and organizations working to protect sources of drinking water. With the Learning Exchange, the SWC aims to strengthen the effectiveness of source water practitioners across the country by providing a platform to share experiences, transfer knowledge, and learn about funding and technical resources available to support their efforts.
Over the next five months (August –December 2016), the Learning Exchange will offer organized events, communications, and resources by theme, beginning with August, Creative Partnerships. This month, source water protection leaders will discuss their experiences forging and maintaining partnerships with nontraditional partners. Visit the SWC’s new Learning Exchange webpage to find tools and testimonials to help you get started finding the right partners.
Learning Exchange resources and events are available to all interested groups, and you are encouraged to participate and contribute in ways that suit you and your organization’s interests. Opportunities will vary each month and may include:
- Stories of success that showcase projects and partnerships making a difference in communities across the country and how others may duplicate these successes
- Knowledge sharing events such as webinars, brown bags, and virtual workshops
- Shareable quotes, graphics, and tips to support your organization’s operations and outreach efforts
- Technical and educational materials recommended to peers by Collaborative member organizations and Learning Exchange participants
- Opportunities to converse with peers through online networking forums and social media
The Source Water Collaborative offers a unique vehicle to bring together various perspectives and expertise that organizations may not be able to access on their own. Through the platforms of our national members and network of local collaboratives, we can offer a powerful venue for participants to connect with partners and build collective understanding.
Want to share your story on the Learning Exchange?
Do you have a success story, valuable tip, or technical resource you would like to share? Reach out to email@example.com with your idea.
We hope you can join us!