Abstracts are now being accepted for The Groundwater Foundation’s 2013 National Conference being held October 15-17, 2013 in Howey-in-the-Hills (Orlando), Florida. The abstract submission deadline is June 14th. Presenters will be selected and notified in early July.
Details about the conference are available here. Please consider sharing this information with others who may wish to present or exhibit.
Presentation formats include 25-minute classroom presentations, plenary speakers, field trip presentations, workshops and poster sessions. Presentation topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Community involvement/participation in water issues
- Climate change and extreme weather’s impacts on groundwater (i.e. drought, floods, etc.
- Population growth/urban sprawl impact
- Public education – challenges and solutions
- Groundwater sustainability strategies (management strategies)
- Social, economic, and environmental interactions
- Funding for groundwater sustainability
- Conjunctive use (engineered solutions, planned or artificial)
- Challenges/solutions to sustainable groundwater management
- Emerging issues (i.e. fracking, nanotechnology, flood capture and recharge, energy/water nexus, carbon sequestration, etc.)
- Wellhead protection’s role in groundwater sustainability
- Groundwater/surface water interactions
- Agriculture and water quality